I Was Inspired By How Other Artists Reimagined Disney Princesses, So I Decided To Illustrate Soviet Princesses (8 Pics)

A few months ago, I got inspired by illustrations of Disney princesses made by several famous artists. I decided to start my own project about princesses from my native country. I think it is because I've been living abroad for so many years and I start to miss my own culture. All my illustrations depict princesses from famous Soviet animated films that are based on fairy tales, such as “The Snow Queen” by Hans Christian Andersen or “The Bremen Town Musicians" by the Brothers Grimm.

The aim of this project is not to create a better version, but to show the beauty of Russian culture in my own vision and style. Every kid from my generation remembers these animations from childhood. I believe that all these beautiful and kind stories make us better!

More info: Instagram | Facebook

#1 The Snow Queen

A character from an animated film, based on a fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.

#2 Vasilisa The Beautiful

A character from an animated film, based on Alexander Afanasyev's book.

#3 The Swan Princess

A character from an animated film "Tsar Saltan Tale", based on Alexander Pushkin's fairy tale.

#4 Princess Zabava

From an animated film "The Flying Ship".

#5 The Little Mermaid

A character from an animated film, based on a fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.

#6 Princess From "The Bremen Town Musicians”

A character from an animated film "The Bremen Town Musicians”, based on a fairy tale by The Brothers Grimm.

#7 Queen Of Shamakhan

The Shamakhanian queen from "The Tale of the Golden Cockerel", an animated film based on Alexander Pushkin's fairy tale.

#8 Cinderella

A character from an animated film, based on Charles Perrault's story.


by Svetlana Kuznetsova via Bored Panda - Source
I Was Inspired By How Other Artists Reimagined Disney Princesses, So I Decided To Illustrate Soviet Princesses (8 Pics) I Was Inspired By How Other Artists Reimagined Disney Princesses, So I Decided To Illustrate Soviet Princesses (8 Pics) Reviewed by Yuxx on 12:47 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.